A suite of tax incentives is made available by the DTI to qualifying companies located within designated Special Economic Zones.
These incentives include:
- Reduced corporate income tax rate from 28% to 15%.
- Custom control area incentives which allow for duty-free and VAT-free movement on goods imported, value-added and re-exported from The Zone.
- Employment incentives with a tax break for employers who employ low and semi-skilled workers.
- Accelerated depreciation for capital goods, start-up building and facilities.
- Black Industrialist Scheme.
Visit the DTI to learn more about the benefits of investing in an SEZ: http://www.thedti.gov.za/industrial_development/sez.jsp